Terms & Conditions
- Lottery Exclusion Policy
- Self Exclusion Form
- Social Responsibility in Gambling Policy
- Lottery Key Events Policy
- Thames Hospice Lottery Full Terms and Conditions Policy
- Lottery Complaints Procedure
1 Purpose of Policy
1.1 This policy describes the Thames Hospice Lottery Terms and Conditions.
2.1 Director of Fundraising – Overall responsibility to ensure that the policy is fit for
purpose, disseminated throughout the organisation, and available to Thames Hospice lottery players.
3 Policy Statement
3.1 These are the Thames Hospice Lottery Full Terms and Conditions. By entering the lottery
entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
4 Policy Detail – Thames Hospice Lottery: Full terms and conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be
bound by these rules.
2. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Thames Hospice.
3. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society
4. This lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission.
5. To enter the lottery, you must be resident in Great Britain and aged 18 (eighteen) or over.
6. There will be seven weekly cash prize winners although additional prizes could be
offered from time to time, including a rollover.
7. All tickets shall be priced at £1.
8. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants
acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not
guarantee that they will win any prize.
9. The draw for the prizes will be made at Sterling Management Centre premises to be held weekly.
You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery. However a list of winners numbers
will appear on our website weekly or are available by phoning us on 01753 842121.
10. If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
11. Winning prize cheques are valid for 6 months, after such time period the prizes will
be subject to surrender and not re-issued.
12. Thames Hospice reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any
non cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at Thames Hospice’s absolute
13. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds
before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment
has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds are eligible to win the prize.
14. The winners of the lottery prizes will be notified by letter or telephone.
15. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Thames Hospice with their accurate and
up-to-date contact details and Thames Hospice will be in no way liable for any failure or inability
to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that
the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details,
they will be solely responsible for advising Thames Hospice of the change.
16. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and Thames
Hospice reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio
and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been received.
17. Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the
confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative game number if
they wish at any time and this will be issued providing that it has not already been allocated to
an existing member.
18. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying Thames Hospice in
writing, by phone or via e-mail.
19. Thames Hospice shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising
• Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Thames
Hospice or the member from time to time.
• Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Thames
Hospice for the administration of the lottery.
• Any delays or failures in the Banking system used by Thames Hospice or the member.
• Any refusal by Thames Hospice to accept registration of an individual as a
• Any failure to enter a chance into the draw.
• Any event beyond the reasonable control of Thames Hospice.
20. Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as
creating any form of contract between any entrant and Thames Hospice.
21. Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to Thames Hospice giving full
details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
22. Thames Hospice is committed to protecting the members’ privacy. Data that is
collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is
used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw,
and informing winners that they have won a prize.
23. Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information,
please contact Thames Hospice in writing.
24. Thames Hospice will not sell, rent or grant access of any personal data to any third party
without express prior permission.
25. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Thames Hospice shall be final
and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
26. Thames Hospice employees are not permitted to play the one-off raffles organised by the
hospice, but are permitted to join the Hospice Lottery.
27. Thames Hospice reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Thames
Hospice does this, it will publish the amended rules.
28. Thames Hospice reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable
grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
29. The Thames Hospice staff members responsible for the promotion and management of the lottery
are the Head of Individual Giving and the Director of Fundraising and Marketing.
30. The Thames Hospice staff member responsible for the compliance and financial
management of the lottery is the Finance Director.
31. Neither Thames Hospice nor our lottery management company shall be liable to you in contract,
tort, and negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in
relation to your participation in the Lottery (including loss of the opportunity to enter the
Lottery and / or the chance of winning a prize).
32. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
33. This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should
gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the National Gambling Helpline on 0845 6000 133
or visit their website on www.gambleaware.co.uk
34. Thames Hospice limits the maximum number of entries to £10 per person per week.
35. Anyone under the age of 18 may not enter the lottery. If an individual is found to be under 18
they will not receive any prizes and their membership will be cancelled immediately.
36. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Thames
Hospice, Pine Lodge, Hatch Lane, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 3RW
37. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms
and Conditions and Thames Hospice and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the English courts.
38. Employees of the Thames Hospice external lottery manager are unable to play the Thames Hospice
5 Breach of Policy
5.1 Any deviation in practice from the above policy and procedure will be deemed a breach of
5.2 Any breach of this policy by Thames Hospice employees may lead to formal disciplinary
5.3 Any breach of this policy by Thames Hospice volunteers may lead to formal action under the
Problem Solving Policy and Procedure.